Notice of Updated Food Supply Plan for International Students
on the Tongji Campus
April 14th, 2020
Dear international students living on the Tongji campus:
As Wuhan’s efforts to prevent and control the novel coronavirus have taken effects and in order to meet the dining demands among staff and students on the Tongji campus, the university will restart providing lunch on April 15th in Tong De Yuan Canteen (Muslin food available) and will provide breakfast on April 17th in Tong Qin Yuan Canteen. Medical International Student Office will stop current free meal delivery services to dormitories at the same time.
According to the university updated plans, detailed information is as follows:
1. Canteen Service time:
Lunch 11:30-13:00pm（Time for going out will be extended to 14:00 if purchase application has been approved）
2. In order to minimize the potential risks of being infected inside the canteen, the university will only provide takeaway food package and set meals only. Staff and students are not allowed to eat inside the canteen.
Set meals categories are:
(1) Breakfast: 5 RMB/set
(2) Lunch and dinner are categorized into the 3 choices:
Choice A: 10 RMB/set (including 1 side meat dish, 2 pieces of vegetables, 1 bowl of rice, and 1 piece of takeaway box)
Choice B: 15 RMB/set (including 1 main meat dish, 1 side meat dish, 1 piece of vegetables, 1 bowl of rice, and 1 piece of takeaway box)
Choice C: 20 RMB/set (including 1 main meat dish, 2 side meat dishes, 1 piece of vegetables, 1 egg, 1 bowl of rice, and 2 pieces of takeaway box)
Different food choices will be available and meat sets will keep changing on daily basis. Please see detailed food choices posted on the front door of dining canteen.
There will be steamed buns, steamed bread, steamed twisted rolls and other specialties available and they will be sold at 5 pieces/bag (with different prices).
3. Special reminders:
(1) Please cooperate with canteen staff to have your temperature measured.
(2) Be sure to wear facial masks, sanitize your hands and disinfect your shoes before you step into the canteen.
(3) Be sure to bring your student smart ID card for entry inspection.
(4) Keep social distances at more than 1.5 meters for safe protection.
(5) Speak simple words with canteen staff to avoid potential aerosol infection risks.
4. Other important matters
(1) Dormitory entry screening system will be restarted using and all students are requested to swipe your smart card for exit and entry. Time for going out purchase will be the same as the above-mentioned dining time. The Medical International Student Office will not approve any additional application for going out.
(2) Be sure to register at the dormitory management office before going out for dining. Dormitory management must check student ID strictly and forbid visiting students from different dormitories. All students shall be disinfected before entry into dormitory.
(3) Currently, all international students are still not allowed to go out of the campus, but can move within the designated areas of the campus regulated by the university. If any overtime or illegal gathering violation happens, the Medical International Student Office will issue warning notices publicly. If repeated violations happen, the university will cancel your dormitory living qualification.
The pandemic has not reached its end, and there are still risks of going out. All students are advised not to go out if it is not necessary.
Medical International Student Office
School of International Education