International Student Office Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Copyright © 2013 ISO HUST. All rights reserved.
Address:1037 Luoyu Road, Hongshan District, Wuhan 430074, P.R.China
2023 Application Guide for Chinese Government Scholarship - Chinese University Program in HUST
Master & Doctor
Scholarship students can register for either Chinese-taught program or English-taught program if applicable, with good Chinese or English language proficiency.
This is a full scholarship which covers
When & How to Apply
Please apply ONLINE between October 15th and January 15th, 2023.
- Hard copies are NOT accepted. Please do NOT post your application to HUST.
- Applications submitted by Current degree students in China’s university who will graduate in 2024 or later are NOT accepted.
- For details about scholarship application, please click FAQ.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be in good health both physically and mentally;
- be a bachelor's degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master's programs;
- be a master's degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs;
- with outstanding academic performance and potential.
English-medium Programs: Good command of English.
TOEFL 80 or above;
GRE General 310 or above;
IELTS 6.0 or above;
other certificates of the same proficiency level which are accepted by HUST;
Or the previous degree was instructed in English.
HSK 4 with scores 180 or above for programs of Science and Engineering;
HSK 5 with scores 180 or above for programs of Medicine, Economics, Management, Literature, Education, Philosophy, Arts and Law.
Or the previous degree was instructed in Chinese.
Grade Point Average
3.0/4, 3.75/5, 75% or above.
Being various in different countries, GPA systems or the other equivalent systems are all accepted by the university.
Timeline of Application
Scholarship programs are only applicable for the 2023 autumn session.
- The application starts from October 15th, 2022 to January 15th, 2023.
- The qualified candidates will be informed of the evaluations result in middle March, 2023.
- The final list of scholarship winners will be published and winners will be notified around June, 2023.
Please do understand that the admission team of International Admission and Cooperation Office would not be able to reply every single mail concerning the application status or admission progress. Your good preparation and nice patience will be appreciated.
Application Procedure & Document
Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students (Visit http://www.campuschina.org/), submit online and click “print the application form” for the next step.
(The Program Category is B, and the Agency No. is 10487.)
Upload the <Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship> and complete the HUST online application at http://admission.hust.edu.cn.
1. <Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship> (downloaded from Step 1)
2. Passport with at least 12 months validity
3. Notarized Academic Certificate.
An official certificate of your highest education or the official document of enrollment issued by the current school.
4. Academic Transcripts
Transcripts should be from the undergraduate program onwards.
5. Personal Statement
Introduce yourself in details, explain your understanding of China, the reasons and your expectations for studying at HUST.
6. Personal Introduction Video
Please record and submit a video in English or Chinese within 60 seconds.
7. Study Plan/Research Proposal
More than 1,000 characters or words, in Chinese or English;
Structure: Title, Abstract, Introduction, Literature Review, Methodology, Significance of Research, Reference.
Details: Introductory background, Research questions, Aims/Objectives, Expected Results, etc.
Future academic/career objectives (Preferred).
8. Writing Sample
The writing sample is not a paper written specifically for your application but a written work submitted for either a grade or publication.
The preferred paper to submit is one closely related to the field of study you wish to pursue in the division.
9. Language Proficiency Certificate
10. 2 Recommendation Letters
Signed by your former professors/associate professors, or the renowned in the field of your future study.
Including educational background, work experience, and publication list if available.
Please click to download.
Those who are studying or working in China could upload the Health Certificate or Residence Permit instead.
13. Certificate of Non-criminal Record
A certificate issued by the police station or law enforcement agency certifying that you have no previous criminal record.
• The documents uploaded should be clear, complete, true and valid.
• Academic documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
• The graduate students in 2023 may submit official document issued by the current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date.
• The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital would be considered as invalid.
• Neither modification nor supplementary document shall be made upon submission.
Please pay online after submitting your application.
Application without payment will be regarded as uncompleted.
Application fee is non-refundable.
Online Application: http://admission.hust.edu.cn
School of International Education: http://iso.hust.edu.cn