To international students who enjoy CSC scholarship, April 28, 2023
In order to evaluate the comprehensive performances of Scholarship students and guarantee the benefits of the scholarship, in accordance with relevant requirements, the university carries out the annual review of Scholarship for the 2023. The relevant arrangements are as follows:
I. The scope of participants
1. All international students who enjoy Chinese Government Scholarship and Cooperative Scholarship (MOC, MPA, YLS) after September 2023 are required to participate in the evaluation.
2. International students who cannot graduate in 2023 Spring Semester as originally planned and plan to apply for scholarship extension and meet the extension requirements;
3. International students whose scholarship evaluation result in 2022 is ‘Suspended’ are planning to apply for the reinstatement of the scholarship;
4. Students whose study status is suspension are not eligible for the evaluation.
Please note those who fail to submit the application for review before the due date will be regarded as abandoning the qualification of the Scholarship.
IⅠ. Evaluation content and evaluation opinions
The ethical behavior, academic performance, learning/scientific attitude, and activity performance during the 2023 academic year.
The evaluation opinions are divided into qualified and unqualified. An overall score of 60 or above is considered eligible. For unqualified students, suggestions for suspension of scholarship or cancellation of scholarship will be given.
Students whose scholarship are suspended automatically turn into self-supported students. Self-supported students should pay full tuition fee, accommodation fee, insurance and other related expenses within the time specified by the university before continuing their study. If they make great progress in both study and performance in the study period, they can apply for recommencement of the scholarship at the end of the next academic year. Students whose scholarship are canceled will have their living allowance terminated from the date when the disqualification of scholarship is announced, which will not be reinstated.
III. Review process
1. International Students log in “Online Application and Service System for International Student” (http://admission.hust.edu.cn/apply/login, Instruction Manual can be found in the attachment 1), and fill in the form including three aspects of performances (Observe rules and regulations, Academic performance, Participation in activities) truthfully and completely then submit the application before May 10, 2023). And academic performance should be filled more than 500 characters. The transcript with valid stamp is needed to be uploaded.
2. International Students log in “Chinese Government Scholarship Information System System” with your CSC registration number (https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/, Instruction Manual can be found in the attachment 2), and fill in the form including three aspects of performances (Observe rules and regulations, Academic performance, Participation in activities) truthfully and completely then submit the application before May 10, 2023). And academic performance should be filled more than 500 characters.
3. International students are required to log in "http://admission.hust.edu.cn/ apply/login" and "https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/" to submit their applications respectively before May 10, 2023. Those who fail to submit the application for review both in above two websites before the due date will be regarded as abandoning the qualification of the Scholarship.
4. The relevant Schools will conduct a comprehensive review and give relevant opinions based on the content submitted by the students and their daily performances before submitting to School of International Education for the further review. Students need not to contact supervisor or school directly.
5. School of International Education will organize experts to further review and then submit the review opinion to the university for approval. The evaluation results will be published at iso.hust.edu.cn before submitting to China Scholarship Council. China Scholarship Council will give the final review conclusion.
IⅤ. Evaluation results
The annual scholarship review results will be announced at School of International Education (iso.hust.edu.cn).
Ms. Wu, Tel.: 87559551
Mr. Qin, Ms. Zhou, Tel.: 83698860 or 83691553
Appendix 1：International Student Service Instruction - Scholarship Annual Evaluation-SIE System.pdf
Appendix 2：International Student Service Instruction - Scholarship Annual Evaluation-CSC System.pdf
International Student Office, SIE-HUST
1. 国际学生登录“国际学生在线申请与服务系统” (http://admission.hust.edu.cn/apply/login，操作详情见附件1)，针对遵规守纪、学习情况和参加活动情况三个方面做出真实、完整充分的自我评价，其中，学习情况填写字符数不得少于500字。需上传加盖公章的成绩单。并于2023年5月10日前提交申请，待导师及院（系）审核。