To PHD candidates who need to apply for the scholarship extension, April 28, 2023
In accordance with the requirements of the Notification on The Scholarship Extension For Doctoral Candidates in 2023/2024 Academic Year issued by the China Scholarship Council (No. 16), the arrangements of the scholarship extension for doctoral candidates in the 2023/2024 academic year are as follows:
1. Only for Doctoral students sponsored by the Chinese government scholarship (CSC scholarship);
2. Other types of scholarship and MOFCOM scholarship are NOT INCLUDED;
3. Doctoral students who are expected to graduate in July 2023 (Do not enjoy scholarship extension before), including those with one semester suspension who are supposed to graduate before January 2024.
II. Application conditions (All conditions must be met)
PhD candidates who apply for the scholarship extension must meet the following conditions:
1. Students with good academic attitude and performance;
2. Study period extension has been approved by their professors and departments;
3. The annual review of scholarship for 2023/2024 Academic Year approved by HUST, completed the thesis proposal and passed the mid-term assessments.
4. Do not enjoy scholarship extension before. (Application for scholarship extension is only limited to doctoral candidate once and the extension period should no longer than one academic year.)
III. Application procedures
1. PhD candidate submit the online application.
a. Students log in the “Online Application and Service System for International Students” (http://admission.hust.edu.cn/apply/login) and fill in the reason to apply for the scholarship extension and their status of the thesis proposal, mid-term assessment and length to apply for extension based on the reality. Upload supporting documents and submit the application before May 12, 2023.
b. Students log in the “Chinese Government Scholarship Information System System” with their CSC number (https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/) and fill in the reason to apply for the extension and choose their status of the thesis proposal, mid-term assessment and length to apply for extension based on the reality. Submit the application before May 12, 2023.
c. Students are required to log in BOTH the "http://admission.hust.edu.cn/ apply/login" and "https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/" to submit their applications before May 12, 2023. Those who failed to submit the application for scholarship extension in the above two system before the due date will be regarded as abandoning the qualification of the scholarship extension.
2. The relevant professors and Schools will review the application. Professors and Schools will confirm and review students` application based on the reality of their status and performance. Then submit the result to the International Student Office before May 19, 2023.
3. School of International Education will organize experts for further review and then submit the opinion to the University for approval before submitting to China Scholarship Council and Ministry of Education for the final review. The final result of scholarship extension will be announced at School of International Education website（iso.hust.edu.cn）.
Those who failed to submit the extension application before the due date or the application materials do not meet the requirements will be regarded as abandoning the qualification of scholarship extension, so the subsequent problems it brings will be borne by the students themselves.
Ms.YANG, Tel. 87559551, e-mail：firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. ZHOU, Tel. 83692920, e-mail: email@example.com
Appendix 1 Instruction of Scholarship Extension-SIE system.pdf
Appendix 2 Instruction of Scholarship Extension-CSC system.pdf
School of International Education
Huazhong University of Science and Technology
关于开展 2023/2024 学年博士生申请延长奖学金资助期限工作的通知
按照国家留学基金管理委员会《关于 2023/2024 学年博士生申请延长奖学金资助期限有关工作的通知》(留金来管〔2023〕16号)文件要求，结合我校实际，经研究，我校 2023/2024 学年博士生申请延长奖学金资助期限工作安排如下：
3. 2023 年应届博士研究生（含休学一学期预计于 2024 年 1 月之前毕业的学生）。
3. 已完成开题报告、通过中期考核，并通过 2023/2024 学年奖学金年度评审；
1. 申请延期博士生提交申请。学生登录“国际学生在线申请与服务系统”和“来华留学管理信息系统”，根据个人实际情况填写个人自述、论文开题、中期考核情况以及申请延长的期限，并上传支撑材料，于 2023 年 5 月 12 日前提交申请，待导师及院（系）审核。
2. 院（系）及导师组织开展评审。导师及院（系）登录“国际学生招生与管理服务系统”，根据学生学习情况和日常表现在系统中填写初审意见，详细说明申请学生在校学习情况和研究课题中期考核及开题报告通过等情况，并明确国际学生需要继续在校学习的期限，于 2023 年 5 月 19 日前提交至国际教育学院。