August 27th, 2020
Dear International Students，
The work arrangements for HUST international students in the Autumn Semester 2020 are hereby notified as follows:
# General Principle
1. The registration and teaching arrangements for international students shall be carried out in a stable and ordered manner in batches or groups.
2. International students who are now outside Chinese mainland are not allowed to return to HUST until they receive official notice from HUST.
3. Only X (study) visas are accepted when international students outside Chinese mainland are allowed to return to HUST, and other types of visas are not accepted.
4. The work arrangements for international students who are now in Chinese mainland are not applicable to those outside Chinese mainland.
I. International Students in Chinese mainland
1. For students already enrolled
A)Those who are now in Chinese mainland should come back to HUST before August 31st, and complete registration procedures of Autumn semester before September 10th;
B)Those who come back to university from other cities in Chinese mainland should conduct a nucleic acid test at their current location and apply to their departments for re-entry to campus with a valid negative nucleic acid report within 7 days. Students are allowed to return to HUST only after being approved by School of International Education. A second nucleic acid test at university hospital after returning to campus is required.
2. For new students
A)New students who are currently in Chinese mainland should come to HUST to register between September 14th and 16th, and make sure to make an appointment for pick-up service in the admission system and finish online registration in advance, the details of which will be informed later. Individual registration without appointment and online registration is not acceptable.
B)When new students come to HUST, they should carry a valid negative nucleic acid report within 7 days. After their registration, a second nucleic acid test is required.
3. International students in Chinese mainland (including currently enrolled students and new students) will participate in on-campus teaching and learning in this semester.
4. In principle, international students are not allowed to live off-campus. If there is a need for off-campus accommodation, they should apply to School of International Education.
5. International students on campus are not allowed to leave campus without permission. For special occasions, students will need to apply to their departments and report to School of International Education for approval.
II. International Students outside Chinese mainland
1. The School of International Education will inform relevant international students outside Chinese mainland to return to HUST in accordance to national border control policy. They are not allowed to return to campus before receiving official notice from HUST.
2. All international students outside Chinese mainland should finish the online registration on October 31st, 2020 at the latest. After completing the online registration, the new students can be regarded as registered students. If new students fail to complete registration before October 31st, 2020, they will be considered as having given up the admission qualification.
3. Teaching and Research Work Arrangements
A) Visiting Scholars
The university will not provide on-line teaching for visiting scholars. If you are not able to enter China, you can apply to postpone to come to university.
B) Undergraduates in English or Chinese medium, and Chinese language students
Departments will provide online teaching courses for undergraduates and Chinese language students outside Chinese mainland based on actual conditions. If students are unable to participate in online teaching due to personal reasons, or their clinical internships cannot be carried out online, they can apply for study suspension online and resume their studies afterwards.
C) Graduate Students
The instructors can provide remote guidance or online teaching or postpone courses to the next semester according to their arrangements. If scientific research requires the use of lab equipment which cannot be carried out abroad, students can apply for study suspension or change the research subject under the guidance of their instructors.
If you have any question, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Student Office
The School of International Education