The notice on the Approval Results of Schooling Period Extension for International Postgraduates
To Schools, Departments and all International Students,
After the individual application of students, the examination of supervisors and schools and departments, and the approval of School of International Education and Graduate School, the approval results of 2020 Schooling Period Extension of International Postgraduates are hereby notified as follows:
1. There are 289 International Postgraduates applying for the schooling period extension.Students can check the application results in the Smart HUST system.
2. International Postgraduates who are approved for extension of schooling period but are not eligible to apply for Scholarship Extension (all master students, non-2017 batch phd students), they need to pay their own tuition fees, purchase comprehensive insurance in China and bear the cost of personal accommodation in China within the extended study period, meanwhile without living expenses.
3. International Postgraduates who are approved for extension of schooling period and are eligible to apply for Scholarship Extension (2017 batch phd students), please apply for the Scholarship Extension before the deadline according to the previous notice. The final approval result will be subject to the official notice of CSC. If not approved by CSC, the payment during the extended schooling period will be paid by the students.
The following work needs to be further completed by relevant schools and departments and International Postgraduates:
1. International Postgraduates who are approved for extension of schooling period but are not eligible to apply for Scholarship Extension should pay tuition fee and purchase comprehensive insurance in China before July 1, 2020, and apply the Residence Permit Extension (to January 31 or July 31, 2021) to ISO with form of tuition payment and insurance.
2. International Postgraduates who are approved for extension of schooling period and are eligible to apply for Scholarship Extension should apply for the Scholarship Extension according to the notice of ISO. There will be further notice on Residence Permit Extension.
3. If some students still need to apply for the Schooling Period Extension, the relevant schools and departments should report to ISO separately.
4. If some students who are approved for extension of schooling period but are not eligible to apply for Scholarship Extension can’t pay for the tuition fee, and have not applied for suspension before, can apply for suspension through theSmart HUST system（maximum one year）. No tuition fee is required during the suspension period. Students who are approved for suspension will not get study residence permit from HUST. If students donot hold other type residence permit in China, they must leave China before the current residence permit expire.
Contact: Main Campus, Ms. Coco, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tongji Campus, Ms. Katie, email@example.com
Academic Office, Graduate School
School of International Education