Notice on the Assistance for Stranded Luggage of International Students
May 3, 2020
To all international students:
Due to COVID-19, some students may no longer return to China, causing luggage stranded in apartments or rental rooms. To help international students solve practical difficulties, ISO will take the following measures to assist in the handling of stranded luggage:
1. Each international student apartment will provide free storage space, which will be specially used for the storage of international students' stranded luggage in the apartment.
2. Baijingge apartment will provide free storage space for the stranded luggage of off-campus international students.
3. The apartment property company will manage the stranded luggage by serial number until July 15, 2020.
1. The sorting, packing and transportation of stranded luggage shall be arranged by the international students themselves. ISO and Apartment do not provide packing, domestic or international transportation services.
2. Students can authorize their compatriots or friends to help with packing, domestic or international transportation. The entrusted person should be provided with an authorization letter signed by the student. After confirming that the information is correct, the apartment staff could open the dormitory door for the entrusted person. Packing and storage must be completed in one time.
3. In the process of sorting, packing, and transporting stranded luggage, in case of loss, damage, or improper handling, the student and the entrusted person shall discuss and deal with it by themselves.
4. Except the storage fee, the relevant expenses incurred by the stranded luggage shall be borne by the students themselves.
Currently, the campus and apartments are still under closed administration, and off-campus students cannot enter HUST. International students with storage needs are advised to prepare for entrustment in advance. After the campus and apartment control measures are adjusted, ISO will notify as soon as possible.
Main Campus, Ms. Joyce: email@example.com,
Tongji Campus, Mr. Qin Erchuan: firstname.lastname@example.org,
International Student Office