International Student Office Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Copyright © 2013 ISO HUST. All rights reserved.
Address:1037 Luoyu Road, Hongshan District, Wuhan 430074, P.R.China
Skip to main content
May 25, 2018
According to notice from Ministry of Education of China, application for the Scholarship for Distinguished International Students of 2018/2019 academic year is open now. Application guideline for the scholarship is as below:
Who Can Apply:
➢ undergraduates (Self-supported only)who are studying in the 2nd year or above;
➢ postgraduates who are studying in the 2nd year or above;
➢ students who are graduating in 2018 and who are in study suspension are excluded;
About the Scholarship:
The scholarship offers one-time reward of 18,000 RMB to the undergraduate winners, and 30,000 RMB to postgraduate winners.
4 seats for undergraduates and 3 seats for postgraduates including main campus and Tongji campus
➢ Undergraduates with excellent grades; Postgraduates have strong study and scientific research ability and publish papers on top journals;
➢ Students who strictly obey Chinese laws and school regulations, and achieved excellence in China;
➢ Students who always complete tuition fee and finish registration on time, did not have any record for expiration of visa/residence permit or other negative records and did not receive complaints during their study here;
➢ Students who are sound in body and mind and actively participate in school or university activities;
➢ Under the same condition, students who have family financial difficulty or have been awarded by or above the university level are prior to apply.
How to Apply:
1. Log into http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn and submit your application.
Noted: Please select C in the Study Category (留学项目种类), the Institution Number (受理机构编号) is 10487, and study period is 2018.9.1-2019.7.15.
2. Hand in the paper application materials required below to your school (the Student Affairs Supervisor):
(1) Two copies of application forms with your signature (Download it from the website after completion of online submitting)
(2) An official sealed transcript for the academic year 2017/2018.
(3) Write an article themed My Studying Abroad Story in HUST, no limitation with the title, no less than 800 words.
(4) Other supporting documents or materials, such as published high-level papers, previous honorary awards, etc.
(5) For postgraduate appliers, extra materials below are required:
a. Paper retrieval certificate, paper acceptance notification (other papers are not accepted as supporting materials) or proof of participation in the publication of monographs;
b. Letter of recommendation from your supervisor.
3. Please hand in all the materials mentioned above to your school before 11:00am, May 30th, 2018.
The selection principle is “apply in person, recommendation by department, final review by university”. China scholarship Council decides and posts the final decisions.
Each department will make a preliminary evaluation with all the materials and make recommendations to university. The relevant materials will be sent by the Student Affairs Supervisor of each department to International Student Office or Medical International Student Office (Tongji Campus) before 16pm, June 1st , 2018.
Contact: Miss Yan Wei 87559551; Miss Zhang Ke 87793026; Mrs Hong Tao 83692920(Tongji Campus)
School of International Education
(1) 2份《中国政府奖学金申请表》（请从奖学金申请平台上下载并打印并签名） ；