June 28, 2018
To all international students：
As summer vacation approaches, emergency or accidents are prone to happen. In order to protect personal and property safety, safety notice during summer vacation is as follows:
1. Consciously abide by Chinese laws and school regulations, and do not involve in anything illegal.
2. Resist illegal driving. Do not drive a motor vehicle without a Chinese driver’s license; do not drive a motorcycle or a substandard electric vehicle.
3. Actively learn various types of safety precautions and skills, improve safety awareness and ability, and increase awareness of theft and fraud prevention. Do not act alone at night, and do not participate in activities in crowded places.
4. Do not get drunk or participate in risky, over exciting entertainment activities.
5. Stay away from drugs, do not use drugs or drug trafficking.
6. Keep in close touch with your family, classmates, or friends (especially if you live alone). In case of emergency, the supervisor, counselor, apartment department, international student office, security office or police station will be the prior consideration for you to seek help.
7. Strictly abide by the fire safety regulations, do not use high-power electrical appliances and low-power dangerous electrical appliances, do not use inferior chargers, and do not mess with wires and do not store flammable and explosive materials.
8. Strictly abide by the apartment management regulations and never keep others stay overnight in apartment.
9. Strictly abide by China's foreigners residence management regulations and do not stay or work illegally.
Notes: Possible consequences of illegal behaviors:
1. According to Chinese laws, the Department of Immigration Office will give a warning, detention or deportation penalty in related to staying or working illegally in China.
2. No one or organization may smuggling, selling, transporting, manufacturing or illegally holding drugs in China. Otherwise, it will constitute a serious crime and will be severely punished by China's criminal law.
3. The one who house or hide illegally entering or resident foreigners and assist them to evade inspection shall be fined ranging from 2,000 to 10,000 yuan. Unlawful proceeds shall be confiscated.
4. Driving without a license is a crime and will be severely punished by the Chinese criminal law. The driving of motorcycles in Wuhan City is in violation of relevant Wuhan regulations and will be punished by traffic police departments for detaining vehicles.
5. For international students who violate Chinese laws and regulations, the university will no longer issue any letters to extend the residence permit to such students. The result of the penalty will be recorded in the student management file. At the same time, the university will inform their embassy in China. In case of serious violation of laws or regulations, the university will dismiss the student.
School of International Education