April 25, 2018
Dear Undergraduate Graduates of 2018:
The 2018 undergraduate graduation process have been initiated officially. The University Head Office of Academic Affairs, Academic Affairs Office of each department, and School of International Education have started the graduation evaluation work jointly. Followings are the detailed guidance of the graduation process of the International Undergraduate graduates.
1/Personal information check
All international graduates are required to come to the International Student Office to check personal information (including student ID number, name, gender, department, major, school length, date of entry, passport number, student category, etc.) before May 10, 2018.If any information is incorrect, please contact International Student Office teachers to make corrections in time.
2/Application of Schooling Period Extension
Graduates of 2018 who have completed all academic courses and received all credits are qualified to graduate. Graduates who have not completed all academic courses but have received more than 2/3 of total credits, are eligible for applying 1-year schooling extension. The application process is as follows:
(1) The applicant shall log into the official website of "smart HUST" (智慧华中大)（https://pass.hust.edu.cn/）and enter the "Administrative hall"(办事大厅) and complete the extension application before May 10, 2018. If there is any uncertainty regarding online application, please come to the International Student Office for detailed consultation.
(2) The applicant is requested to complete full amount of tuition fee for the 2018/2019 academic year before June 30, 2018. International Student Office will help students with residence permit extension accordingly.
(Note: Graduates who have earned fewer than 2/3 of total credits are not qualified to extend schooling period according to university regulations, and they will be given a study proof before leaving university).
3/Returning Students with Certificates of Study Completion
Graduates who have earned more than 3/4 of total credits, or those who have received all credits but failed the defense of graduation thesis, will be permitted to complete study and receive a Certificate of Study Completion from the university. Students with Certificates of Study Completion shall come back as Returning Students to complete all remaining courses within the next 2 years. After completing all courses, they can apply for Graduation Certificates. The details are noted as follows:
(1) Returning students shall sign up a written promise in International Student Office before June 15, 2018 and to submit a personal written application to guarantee that they will come back to campus to make up all remaining courses from September, 2018 and obey Chinese law as well as university regulations during study period.
(2) Students are requested to buy insurance before June 15, 2018 (300RMB per semester). Please visit the website for more detailed information: http://www.lhgj.net/insurance/wszf/wszf_login.jsp
(3) nternational Student Office will help returning students who meet the above requirements to extend resident permit valid until January 31th, 2019.
4/Other Important Matters
(1) According to Article 72 from the <Regulations of Academic Affairs for All Undergraduates of HUST> University Head Office  no. 17, due to academic issues, student who receives only a Graduation Certificate, is allowed to apply for a Degree Certificate after he/she makes up for all academic requirements during the same graduation year.
Therefore, graduate who does not receive Degree Certificate, can only receive it when he/she completes the requirements before the end of same graduation year (thus, before the end of the fall semester of 2018). However, if the student cannot complete all requirements before the end of same graduation year, he/she will never receive a Degree Certificate.
(2) Students who fail to complete all required credits in regulated schooling period and still maintain study qualification in HUST, are eligible to apply for schooling extension for a maximum of 2 years.
(3) All graduates of 2018 are suggested to log into HUB system immediately and check your marks in details. If you are not being able to graduate in June 2018, please apply for schooling extension in time. Any late application for extension will not be accepted by the university.
Main campus: Ms Yan Wei, 87559551；
Mr Wang Zaiyang, 87541808 extention 8001.
Tongji campus: Ms Hu Fanghua, Ms Luo Meiying, 83692920;
Mr Qinerchuan, 83691553.
International Student Office,
School of International Education,
Huazhong University of Science and Technology
1. 《华中科技大学普通本科生学籍管理细则》校教〔2017〕17 号