April 24, 2018
To all the international students:
Recently, the Security Office of HUST has made a spot check on dormitory fire safety, and found that many dormitories had the following fire safety hazards:
1.Some students had private connection wiring board, and combustible materials were piled up beside the socket, easy to cause the fire.
2.Some students privately changed the dormitory use for kitchen purpose;
3.Intentionally wrap up or damage firefighting equipment, including the smoke sensors.
4. Use high-power electrical appliances to cause the tripping.
In order to prevent fire accidents and protect life and property safety in the dormitory, all the students are required to respond the rectification work of the fire safety hazards in dormitory, and the following acts should not occur:
1.Intentionally damaging or moving fire-fighting or monitoring equipment without authorization is prohibited, including behaviors as intentionally damaging or covering the smoke sensors;
2.Reserve or use of flammable, explosive, corrosive, toxic substances and alcohol furnace, gas, and other hazardous materials as well as illegal electronics equipment are forbidden;
3. Use of open fire, private wire pulling, or embezzlement of public power are strictly prohibited;
4. The fire-fighting access and public area shall not be occupied.
1.International students should have a room self-check on the fire safety hazard after receiving the notice;
2.International students should cook in designated areas;
3.The students should purchase and use wiring board and the charger in compliance with safety standards. The old equipment should be replaced in time;
4.Unplug the charger immediately after the mobile phone filling the electricity;
5.Wiring boards and the chargers in service can’t be covered, no combustible materials stacked beside.
Each apartment will regularly check the students' room. If any irregularities, the apartment will directly issue SAFETY WARNING NOTICE to the student. Where any violation of the regulations is still not corrected, the student will be disqualified from accommodation in the apartment, also be subject to disciplinary action.
School of International Education
Huazhong University of Science and Technology