(Translation for reference only)
November 30, 2012
Provisional Regulations about the Advance Payment and Reimbursement for Hospitalization
To all International Student Offices in Wuhan:
Since the establishment of cooperation between all universities in Wuhan and our insurance company, everything goes smoothly. However, in recent two years, we’ve found some cases that the students swindle insurance fee by making excessive and vicious use of conveniences that the insurance company provides. If not prohibited, this phenomenon would not only infringe the interest of the company and the qualified students, but also bring negative effect to the administration. After discussion with all concerned parties, the following supplementary regulations are made:
1. About hospitalization:
1) Procedure: All students should first check in the outpatient clinic of the hospital. If the doctors suggest the students be hospitalized according to the checkup result and condition of the students, students should provide the medical record, the card for hospitalization, the contact of the doctor to the International Student Office. The office will inform the insurance company and the above-mentioned supporting document will be verified. If everything is approved, the advance payment will be activated. Any student who wants hospitalization must be verified and approved by the insurance company. If the checkup result and the condition do not meet the requirements for hospitalization while the student insists on hospitalization, all the fees would not be reimbursed by the insurance company.
2) If the medical treatment cannot meet the need of the students’ illness, a referral notice issued by the former hospital shall be needed. The International Student Office will inform the insurance company, and if agreed, the students can be transferred to the upper level hospital.
3) Before being admitted, the students should pay 15% of the total fees as the deposit in advance. If extra fee is needed, the insurance company will inform the students to pay the corresponding proportion (15%). The deposit receipt has to be well kept and timely presented to the insurance company (010-59104919) before students discharge from the hospital.
4) All the self-supported items during the hospitalization should be paid by the students themselves, which will be deducted from the deposit by the insurance company. If the deposit is not enough for the self-supported items, the balance must be completed by the students before they discharge.
2. About medical history and congenital disease
According to the insurance regulations, all the medical history (foregone disease and existed disease before buying the insurance) and congenital diseases are not covered by the insurance; therefore, students who follow into this category cannot get the refund from the insurance company.
The above regulations are valid since December 1, 2012. It will be appreciated if the International Student Office helps us to inform the students.
Ping An Annuity Insurance Company of China, Ltd.