Welcome to Huazhong University of Science & Technology (HUST).
With a history of over 50 years, HUST has grown into a dynamic university enjoying social support and good reputation and shouldering a historical mission. It distinguishes itself among domestic universities by virtue of its rapid growth, pragmatism and efficient use of resources.
It commits itself to the task of dissemination of existing knowledge and creation of new knowledge. It strives to cultivate capable and innovative young minds and to serve both individual and global needs.
To these ends, the University seeks to be student-centered so that they may explore their capabilities and interests and develop their full intellectual and human potential. It aims to foster academic innovation through coordinated interdisciplinary developmental efforts and draws on an unwavering drive toward excellence with a commitment to contributing to the needs of a changing society.
HUST is also a research-based university which maintains close ties with business and industry. It boasts one of China’s five national labs —Wuhan National Laboratory for Optoelectronics (WNLO), and the Pulsed High Magnetic Filed Center (PHMFC), one of the twelve national scientific facilities. It is home to more than ten state-level scientific research platforms as well.
HUST enriches its cultural climate with enlightening lectures given by well-recognized experts that may expand students’ knowledge of liberal arts and humanities cultivate their characters and ethical behaviors and provide them with the attitudes, skills, and habits of lifelong learning.
We firmly believe that you will have a wonderful life in HUST and be pride of being a member of our university!
Ⅱ. Before Departure
1. How to apply for Student Visa
You need send the scan copies or original ones of Admission Notice and Visa Application for Study in China (JW201/202) to Chinese embassy in your country to apply for X visa before you come to China.
2. How to get toWuhan
1) By train: It takes about ten hours from Beijing West Station to Wuhan Station
2) By airplane: It takes about two hours fromShouduAirporttoWuhanTianheAirport
1) By train: It takes about six hours from Shanghai Hongqiao Station to Wuchang Station
2) By airplane: It takes about two hours fromShanghaiHongqiaoAirportorPudongAirporttoWuhanTianheAirport
1) By train: It takes about four hours from Guangzhou South Station or Guangzhou Nouth Station to Wuhan Station
2) By airplane: It takes about one and a half hours from Baiyun Airport to Wuhan Tianhe Airport
3．How to get to HUST from the airport or the railway stations
● Please come to our university by taxi:
1) It takes about one and a half hours fromWuhanTianheAirportto HUST. The taxi fare is about 150RMB
2) It takes about half an hour from Wuchang Railway Station to HUST. The taxi fare is about 35RMB
3) It takes about one hour from Hankou Railway Station to HUST. The taxi fare is about 60RMB
4) It takes about half an hour from Wuhan Railway Station to HUST. The taxi fare is about 35RMB
Ⅲ. How to Register
● Venue: International Student Office,SchoolofInternationalEducation,HuazhongUniversityof Science and Technology
● Time: February 21 to 22, 2013.
● Please come for registration within the specified time. If you arrive earlier, the International Student Office would not conduct procedures for registration, and you’re expected to check in at the hotel on campus or arrange accommodation at your own convenience.
2. Materials needed for registration:
*Admission Notice ofHuazhongUniversityof Science and Technology *Passport
*Photos in passport size (8 copies or above) *Visa Application for Study inChina(JW201/202)
*Physical examination record and blood test reports (original)
3. Tuition payment
According to University regulations, students are required to pay tuition by year. Chinese language students could pay by semester. You have two ways to pay:
1) Pay the fee upon your registration
2) Telegraphic Transfer (T/T)
Following are the account information:
Account name:HuazhongUniversityof Science and Technology
Bank account: 567757540679
Bank: Bank of China,Hubei Branch
Swift code: BKCHCNBJ600
Add: NO. 1037,LUOYU ROAD,WUHAN,HUBEI PROV.,CHINA.
Please note your name on the remittance bill and take it to International Students Office upon your arrival.
Ⅳ. Fee policy
1. Text books fee: 800RMB/year/person (Approximately)
2. Living cost: 800---2000RMB/ month/person
3. Residence Permit fee: 400 RMB/ year/person
4. Physical examination fee: 500 RMB/ person (at most)
5. Insurance fee: the university will buy insurance for long term students (above one 6 months)
For more details, please access to http://iso.hust.edu.cn