International Student Office Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Copyright © 2013 ISO HUST. All rights reserved.
Address:1037 Luoyu Road, Hongshan District, Wuhan 430074, P.R.China
Comprehensive Medical Insurance for International Students is targeted for all international scholarship students and self-supported students who successfully registered for each semester in regulated time. The insurance covers outpatient service, emergency treatment, inpatient treatment and accidental injury medical treatment. For further concerns, please call 24-hour hotline 4008105119, or contact 010-67185217 for details.
*Procedures for Claiming for Out-of-patient Service
Students should go to a standard public hospital in mainland China to get medical treatment. The procedures are: register at hospital – pay fees – collect medicine – contact insurance company directly for claiming.
For Chinese government scholarship students, if medical treatment fee is under 650 RMB per year, students will have to pay by themselves; the insurance company will cover 85% of the extra part over 650RMB.
For self-supported students, if medical treatment fee is under 2000 RMB per year, students will have to pay by themselves; the insurance company will cover 85% of the extra part over 2000RMB.
Total amount of the receipts per day is 600RMB maximum, and the total amount of receipts in every insured period is limited to 20000RMB.
3. Required Documents:
(1) Original receipts
(2) Medical record book (time on the receipt should be in accordance with the time on the medical record book)
(3) Photocopy of passport page with the expiration date
(4) Bank account information (List of detailed bank record, including name of the bank, bank account name, account number)
4.Students mail all the above required documents to the following address. The address should be written in Chinese:
*Procedures for Claiming for In-patient Service
Choice A: Paying by yourself in advance and claiming reimbursement afterwards
Students should go to a standard public hospital in mainland China to get inpatient service. The procedures are:
1) register at hospital
2) pay all inpatient service fees by yourself
3) contact insurance company for reimbursement after treatment.
2. Required documents for reimbursement after treatment as follows:
1) Original receipts from the hospital
2) The detailed list of fees
3) Discharge abstract and medical record
4) Photocopy of passport page with the expiration date
5)Bank account information (List of detailed bank record, including name of the bank, bank account name, account number)
3. Reimbursed money will be transferred to your bank account directly one month later.
Choice B: Insurance company help you pay in advance
1) Students register in hospital and receive an inpatient treatment notice firstly
2) Students contact insurance company and have insurance company determine if they can help students pay in advance –
3) Students pay deposit to the hospital
4) Students receive inpatient treatment
2. Important notes
1)There are only two designated hospitals in Wuhan in which insurance company is able to help students pay in advance. They are:
People's Hospital of Hubei Province of Wuhan University (No.99, Zhangzhidong Road, Wuchang District)
Tongji Hospital of Huazhong University of Science and Technology (Hangkong Road, Hankou District)
2) Before students receive inpatient service, students need to pay 10% of total inpatient fee as a deposit. Otherwise, students will not be able to receive inpatient services
3)Inpatient treatment notice from the hospital and medical record from outpatient service should be provided to the insurance company firstly, so that the company can decide whether they can pay for the students or not. Contact number for insurance company is 4008105119, or 010-67185217.
4)Students can also seek help from the International Students Office for further concerns.
医院开具住院单 - 学生咨询保险公司寻求垫付 – 学生向医院交付押金 - 住院治疗