International Student Office Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Copyright © 2013 ISO HUST. All rights reserved.
Address:1037 Luoyu Road, Hongshan District, Wuhan 430074, P.R.China
2018 HUST Confucius Institute Scholarship (CIS) Application
Starting on March 1, 2018!
Welcome to study at Huazhong University of Science & Technology (HUST)! We firmly believe that you will have a wonderful life in HUST and e proud of being a member of HUST!
2018 CIS application (2018 Autumn Semester or 2019 Spring Semester) is going to start on March 1, 2018!
HUST is a top ranking university in the world and a National Key Base for cultivating international students supported by the Ministry of Education, China. Since 1960s, HUST has cultivated around 5 000 reputable leaders and scholars in their respective fields for around 130 countries and nations. In 2016, more than 3700 international student from over 155 countries and regions studied at HUST,
Up to now, around 300 students from 31 countries have finished their study at HUST with the support of Confucius Scholarship. We do welcome applicants from Confucius institutes in different countries to study at HUST!
Ⅰ可申请项目和申请要求Programs Available and Application Criteria
II 资助标准Funding standards
1. Applicants have to contact the recommending institutions before submitting application online as follows,
①Confucius Institutes which have been in operation for more than six months ,independent Confucius Classrooms: http://english.hanban.org/node_7586.htm
②Testing centers for Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) which have the right to recommend Confucius Institute Scholarship candidates: http://www.chinesetest.cn/scholarshipApply.do
③Educational and cultural sections of Chinese embassy and consulate in your country.
④Universities and institutions in countries without establishing the Confucius Institute yet.
2. Applicants could choose to register in September 2018 or March 2019.
3. Register and apply online: http://cis.chinese.cn/
Documents issued in the third language should be notarized in Chinese or English edition.
1. Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form
2. Photocopy of the passport;
3. Application Statement: stating applicant's Chinese language learning background, study plan and aim in China It shall be written in Chinese and 200- 800 words；
4. Photocopies of HSK、HSKK score reports；
5. The applicant shall submit the notarized highest education diploma attained or official proof of student status.
6. Reference letter and letter of commitment. College students majored in Chinese in countries with no Confucius Institutes established shall submit a reference letter signed and issued by the university President. The Master’s Degree Scholarship applicants are required to submit two reference letters from professors or associate professors (in Chinese or English) and a written commitment stating that the applicant will be engaged in Chinese language teaching for at least 5 years after graduation (written in Chinese and signed).
7. Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit relevant legal documents of entrusted legal guardians in China.
8. Winners of the finals of the “Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions for Foreign College Students and for Foreign High School Students in China shall submit the certificates of award and scholarship. Winners of preliminary rounds of the “Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions in their countries shall submit a reference letter from the Chinese Embassy (or Consulate) in the competition area.
9. Chinese language teachers shall submit the proof of the length of time in teaching and weekly teaching hours provided by institutes they work for.
10. Scanning copy of personal signature.
Ⅴ录取流程Tracking the Admission Procedures
1. Tracking your application status
Those who have already finished online application, please confirm with the recommending institutions regarding the nomination chance status of your application.
If you are nominated by the recommending institutions, the university will process your documents and make the admission decision. If you are not lucky, we feel sorry to tell you that we do not have the right to process your documents.
2. Checking the Scholarship winner lists
Hanban (Confucius Institute Scholarship Headquarters) will conduct an overall assessment of all applications and admit applicants on the basis of competitive selection. Normally, the admission results will be announced within 45 working days after the application materials are confirmed as valid. Then, HUST will announce the final winner list at http://iso.hust.edu.cn.
3. Tracking the Admission package
HUST will send out the Admission package to the Local Confucius Institute or the winner by DHL after July 1, 2018. The winners could collect HUST Admission Package upon getting notice from the Confucius Institute.
1.Incomplete or unqualified applications will not be processed.
2.Applicants will be disqualified from application in case of fraudulent application materials or application materials are completed and submitted by someone else.
3.Scholarship winners who cannot register with the host institutions on time should inform the host institution about the reasons in written form within 15 days before the admission date. For those who do not register as requested without reason, the scholarship will be canceled.
4.Scholarship will be canceled for those who do not pass the admission physical examination, drop out, or take schooling suspension during the study.
Ⅶ 联系方式Contact us
Mr. Yin Xinlin
Officer for Confucius Institute Scholarships
International Student Office
Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Mailing Address: 1037 Luoyu Road, Hongshan District, Wuhan, 430074, Hubei Province, P. R. China
International Student Office (ISO): http://iso.hust.edu.cn/
Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST): http://english.hust.edu.cn/
For further information, please visit: http://cis.chinese.cn/
HUST Confucius Institute Scholarship Students:
Explore Chinese culture in Hubei Province
Make Chinese dumplings together
Visit Wuhan’s landmark—Yellow Crane Tower
Attend Chinese class
Listen to lectures on Chinese culture
Take part in volunteering activity in a China’s middle school.
Perform in the 2016 HUST New Year Gala for Chinese and International Students Participate in a city tour of Wuhan
Graduate and obtain study certificate