International Student Office Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Copyright © 2013 ISO HUST. All rights reserved.
Address:1037 Luoyu Road, Hongshan District, Wuhan 430074, P.R.China
2019 HUST Confucius Institute Scholarship (CIS) Application
Open on March 1, 2019!
Welcome to study at Huazhong University of Science & Technology (HUST)! We firmly believe that you will have a wonderful life at HUST and be proud of being a member of HUST!
2019 CIS application (2019 Autumn Semester or 2020 Spring Semester) is going to start on March 1, 2019!
HUST is a top ranking university in the world and a National Key Base for cultivating international students supported by the Ministry of Education, China. Since 1960s, HUST has cultivated around 5 000 reputable leaders and scholars in their respective fields for around 130 countries and nations. In 2018, more than 3600 international student from over 153 countries and regions studied at HUST,
Up to now, over 300 students from 31 countries have finished their study at HUST with the support of Confucius Scholarship. We do welcome applicants from Confucius institutes in different countries to study at HUST!
Ⅰ可申请项目和申请要求Programs Available and Application Criteria
II 资助标准Funding standards
1. Applicants have to contact the recommending institutions before submitting application online as follows,
①Confucius Institutes which have been in operation for more than six months ,independent Confucius Classrooms: http://english.hanban.org/node_7586.htm
②Testing centers for Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) which have the right to recommend Confucius Institute Scholarship candidates: http://www.chinesetest.cn/scholarshipApply.do
③Oversea organizers of Chinese Bridge Competition: education and cultural offices (groups) of China’s oversea embassies (consulates), Confucius Institute and relevant educational institutions. For further information, please consult firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Applicants could choose to register in September 2019 or March 2020.
3. Register and apply online: http://cis.chinese.cn/
Documents issued in the third language should be notarized in Chinese or English edition.
For all applicants:
1. Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form
2. A Scanned copy of passport photo page
3. a scanned copy of score reports of the HSK and HSKK tests (within the two-year validity).
4. a reference letter by the head of the recommending institutions
5. Diploma of senior high school and above
6. Application statement stating applicant's Chinese language learning background, study plan and aim in China and It shall be written in Chinese and 200- 800 words
7. A scanned copy of personal signature
For degree scholarship program applicants
8. A certification of the highest education diploma (or proof of expected graduation) and an official transcript.
9. Reference letter
Applicants of the Scholarship for DTCSOL students are required to provide 2 reference letters from professors or associate professors or experts with equivalent professional and technical titles in relevant fields and a 3000-word personal statement in Chinese (including knowledge of the intended field of study and research proposal)
Applicants of the Scholarship for MTCSOL students are required to provide 2 reference letters from professors or associate professors. Priority will be given to Applicants who may provide a work contract with a teaching institution or relevant proof upon completing their studies in China.
Other required documents
10. Applicants under the age of 18 shall provide certified documents of designation signed by their entrusted legal guardians in China.
11. Applicants currently working as Chinese language teachers shall provide proof of employment as well as a reference letter by the employer.
12. Winners of the finals of the “Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions for Foreign College Students and for Foreign High School Students in China shall submit the certificates of award and scholarship. Winners of preliminary rounds of the “Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions in their countries shall submit a reference letter from the Chinese Embassy (or Consulate) in the competition area.
Ⅴ录取流程Tracking the Admission Procedures
1. Tracking your application status
Those who have already finished online application, please confirm with the recommending institutions regarding the nomination chance status of your application.
If you are nominated by the recommending institutions, the university will process your documents and make the admission decision. If you are not lucky, we feel sorry to tell you that we do not have the right to process your documents.
2. Checking the Scholarship winner lists
Hanban (Confucius Institute Scholarship Headquarters) will conduct an overall assessment of all applications and admit applicants on the basis of competitive selection. Normally, the admission results will be announced within 45 working days after the application materials are confirmed as valid. Then, HUST will announce the final winner list at http://iso.hust.edu.cn.
3. Tracking the Admission package
HUST will send out the Admission package to the Local Confucius Institute or the winner by DHL after July 1, 2019. The winners could collect HUST Admission Package upon getting notice from the Confucius Institute.
1.Incomplete or unqualified applications will not be processed.
2.Applicants will be disqualified from application in case of fraudulent application materials or application materials are completed and submitted by someone else.
3.Scholarship winners who cannot register with the host institutions on time should inform the host institution about the reasons in written form within 15 days before the admission date. For those who do not register as requested without reason, the scholarship will be canceled.
4.Scholarship will be canceled for those who do not pass the admission physical examination, drop out, or take schooling suspension during the study.
Ⅶ 联系方式Contact us
Mr. Yin Xinlin
Admission Officer for Confucius Institute Scholarships
International Student Office
Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Mailing Address: 1037 Luoyu Road, Hongshan District, Wuhan, 430074, Hubei Province, P. R. China
International Student Office (ISO): http://iso.hust.edu.cn/
Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST): http://english.hust.edu.cn/
For further information, please visit: http://cis.chinese.cn/
HUST Confucius Institute Scholarship Students:
Explore Chinese culture in Hubei Province
Make Chinese dumplings together
Visit Wuhan’s landmark—Yellow Crane Tower
Attend Chinese class
Listen to lectures on Chinese culture
Take part in volunteering activity in a China’s middle school.
Perform in the 2016 HUST New Year Gala for Chinese and International Students Participate in a city tour of Wuhan
Graduate and obtain study certificate