International Student Office Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Copyright © 2013 ISO HUST. All rights reserved.
Address:1037 Luoyu Road, Hongshan District, Wuhan 430074, P.R.China
Application Guide for China-U.S. Culture Exchanges Scholarship (CUCES) in HUST
China-U.S. Culture Exchanges Scholarship is a full scholarship established by Ministry of Education, P. R. China for enrolling the citizen of UnitedStateofAmericato pursue Bachelor, Master or Doctoral degree in Chinese universities. The scholarship covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, medical insurance.
HUST is one of the prestigious higher education institutions designated to undertake this program.
Undergraduate, Master & Doctor
Undergraduate scholarship recipients must register for Chinese-taught programs. Graduate and non-degree scholarship students can register for either the Chinese-taught program or the English-taught program if applicable.
This is a full scholarship which covers
To be eligible, applicants must:
1) be a citizen of United State of America, and be in good health;
2) be a senior high school degree holder under the age of 25 when applying for Bachelor’s programs;
3) be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
4) be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
Timeline of Application
Scholarship programs are only applicable for the 2016 autumn session.
The application starts from December 1st to May 20th.
- Applications will be reviewed by the HUST Scholarship Committee no earlier than June 1st.
- The qualified candidates will be informed of the evaluation result during June.
- The final list of scholarship winners will be published in late June.
- The official admission document will be delivered from early July.
Application Procedure & Document
1. Complete the online application procedure at http://laihua.csc.edu.cn, submit online the completed <Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship> and download it for the next step.
(The Agency No. of HUST is 10487.)
2. Complete the online application procedure in HUST at http://admission.hust.edu.cn, submit online the documents required as follows:
- <Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship>
- Highest diploma (photocopy)
- Academic transcripts
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal (in Chinese or English)
- Two Recommendation Letters signed by professor/associate professor (in Chinese or English; not required for undergraduate students )
- Receipt of Application Fee
- Valid HSK Certificate (required if applying for Chinese-taught programs)
Online application is strongly recommended; hardcopy is not required to be posted to HUST.
Foreign Exchange Account for International Transfer:
Account Name:Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Account Number: 567757540679
Bank Name: Bank of China, Hubei Branch
Swift Code: BKCHCNBJ600
Address: NO. 1037,LUOYU ROAD,WUHAN,HUBEIPROVINCE, P. R. China
Chinese Currency only
RMB Account for Domestic Transfer
Bank Name: 中国建设银行武汉喻家山支行
Account Number: 42001127145050000610-0001
Account Name: 华中科技大学
Please note your application number on the remittance order.
Application fee could also be paid in cash at the International Student Office.
International Student Office
Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Online Application: http://admission.hust.edu.cn
International Student Office: http://iso.hust.edu.cn